Pages

January 15, 2012

Airport Blues


I was so excited! Well, it was actually a mixed feeling! 

At this time, I was with Louella (Checkout Louella ‘s picture here!) 

We checked in our baggage first. No problems.

It was around five o’clock in the morning, still early so we went outside again to eat some breakfast, took some pictures and after a while, we said our goodbyes.

We now walked towards the immigration line. 

 Confident, excited, anxious… and then I was asked, “Where’s your travel permit?” 

I was dumbfounded!
I don’t have one! 
My mind took a 180 degree turn! 
How will it ever be possible for me to secure one at 5 am!!!

I immediately mouthed the words, “travel permit??!!” to Louella, and she immediately whisked me away from the line. 

I wasn’t able to think clearly. I know it was impossible to have one at that time!

She took a deep breath and then asked me to follow her.

She walked towards another immigration officer! (why didn't I think of that?!)

She headed first this time.. after 30 seconds, she was approved. 

My turn (at this time, I have called on all the angels and saints!!!)... 27, 28, 29, 30 seconds... 
NO QUESTIONS ASKED, 
whew! 
Thank God!

Lesson 1: 
Be prepared! If you are a public school teacher, it is a MUST to secure a travel permit from your district. Sometimes, they will not ask for it, but you never know! Just like what happened to me!

Lesson 2:  
Presence of Mind is very important! Thank goodness, Louella has got it! :)

 America here we come! 
But, the airport in HK is so big! 
Oh no! 
We got lost!!!

Ooops!
Our baggage were dropped of in 
Los Angeles instead of New Orleans! 
Uh Oh!

Lesson 3:  
Be sure to take out all negative vibes! :)

Just thinking aloud, we are not jinxed, right? LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! I really appreciate your comments - as I would also want to learn from you, to connect with your thoughts and to know I have enlightened your path in my own way. Unfortunately, inappropriate, unfriendly and pointless comments will be deleted. NAMASTE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...